Saturday, December 12, 2015

Journey to Steelhead -- Day 1


Happy Sunday! 

So today marks the beginning of a journey. The beginning of me doing everything I can to prove that I will compete, complete, and (hopefully) enjoy every minute of Ironman 70.3 Steelhead in 2016. It felt necessary to mark an official Day 1 and that is today. I have a lot to learn and practice and improve on before I will consider myself even remotely "ready" to take on that race. But I am determined and I have people who, although they might not understand why I am doing this, they will support me through it. For that I am truly blessed and thankful. 

As far as what day 1 included, it just ended up being a 40 minute easy run around the new place I call home. I couldn't pass up to the opportunity to do an outdoor run in the middle of December in the Midwest. So I'm going to put this in the "win" column and move on. I'm trying to come up with an effective way to keep myself motivated throughout my workout (any and all suggestions on how you motivate yourself are welcome!). But today I rewarded myself with finishing my run at a new tea house that I had never been to before. It turned out to be a delicious and fun way to keep me motivated throughout my run and it helped me settle down afterwards as well. 

It's a long way until the race but I think I need about as much training as I can get. But I am confident that today is the first day of an incredible journey. Onward march!

No comments:

Post a Comment